Skip to: site navigation/presentation
Skip to: Thoughts From Eric
The Funny Bits
- [NEW] It isn't just CNN that manages inadvertant humor: other media sources can be just as funny.
- From time to time CNN.com is really funny, and that's without even trying.
- Eric's Collection o' Quotes, most of which are funny.
- Out of the Mouths of Quayles... is some of the funniest-- or perhaps scariest-- stuff you've ever heard from a high-level government official.
- Here's a list of not-quite prescient predictions.
- Archaeology for Beginners; or, how to politely deal with a "Misfit of Science"
- Collected observations concerning a new element called administratium.
- Is there a Santa Claus? Science has what would seem to be the final answer...
- A short explanation of spoo, including where it comes from and why you should never try to produce it yourself.
- Make the world safer for everyone by using these scientific disclaimers.
- Speaking of feeling safer, here's a thrilling report from the front lines of America's fight against terrorism, featuring a municipal bomb squad and a variety of high-tech equipment.
- Do you like to cook? Sure, we all do! So do famous philosophers. Read through Jean-Paul Sartre's Cooking Diary and know what it is to create in the kitchen.
- Do you have a life? (If you're still reading this page, odds are the answer is "no.")
- Even if you have a life, there is still a risk that you might be a conservative.
- For those who are never satisfied with just being weird, here are...
- Applying to college? If your essay is anywhere as good as this one, you should have no trouble being accepted.
- Want a job? Then don't do any of these things during your interview.
- If, on the other hand, you already have a job, these are not words you want to see on your review.
- An incomplete list of Murphy's Laws of Combat Operations.
- One of the Great Thinkers takes a look at operating systems.
- The answers to some Great Theological Questions are revealed.
- Staging a massive planetary invasion? Read this CERT Advisory to make sure your system is safe from a newly encountered virus attack.
- Catch up to the 90's with PC UNIX.
- Then alter your perspective with this very useful UNIX command.
- Feeling dumb? Try BrainDoubler!
- What if computer companies built toasters?
- What if your car were run by a desktop computer operating system?
- What if operating systems were airlines?
- What if operating systems were beers?
- What if Star Trek's Lt. Data ran on Windows 95?