The Funny Bits
NASA uses Windows? Oh great. If Apollo 13 went off course today the manual would just tell them to open the airlock, flush the astronauts out, and re-install new ones. (Kibo)
- [NEW] It isn't just CNN that manages inadvertant humor: other media sources can be just as funny.
- From time to time CNN.com is really funny, and that's without even trying.
- Eric's Collection o' Quotes, most of which are funny.
- Out of the Mouths of Quayles... is some of the funniest-- or perhaps scariest-- stuff you've ever heard from a high-level government official.
- Here's a list of not-quite prescient predictions.
- Archaeology for Beginners; or, how to politely deal with a "Misfit of Science"
- Collected observations concerning a new element called administratium.
- Is there a Santa Claus? Science has what would seem to be the final answer...
- A short explanation of spoo, including where it comes from and why you should never try to produce it yourself.
- Make the world safer for everyone by using these scientific disclaimers.
- Speaking of feeling safer, here's a thrilling report from the front lines of America's fight against terrorism, featuring a municipal bomb squad and a variety of high-tech equipment.
- Do you like to cook? Sure, we all do! So do famous philosophers. Read through Jean-Paul Sartre's Cooking Diary and know what it is to create in the kitchen.
- Do you have a life? (If you're still reading this page, odds are the answer is "no.")
- Even if you have a life, there is still a risk that you might be a conservative.
- For those who are never satisfied with just being weird, here are...
- Applying to college? If your essay is anywhere as good as this one, you should have no trouble being accepted.
- Want a job? Then don't do any of these things during your interview.
- If, on the other hand, you already have a job, these are not words you want to see on your review.
- An incomplete list of Murphy's Laws of Combat Operations.
- One of the Great Thinkers takes a look at operating systems.
- The answers to some Great Theological Questions are revealed.
- Staging a massive planetary invasion? Read this CERT Advisory to make sure your system is safe from a newly encountered virus attack.
- Catch up to the 90's with PC UNIX.
- Then alter your perspective with this very useful UNIX command.
- Feeling dumb? Try BrainDoubler!
- What if computer companies built toasters?
- What if your car were run by a desktop computer operating system?
- What if operating systems were airlines?
- What if operating systems were beers?
- What if Star Trek's Lt. Data ran on Windows 95?